Tooned Out is an American live-action/animated comedy web television series helmed by Academy Award® winning film director Robert Zemeckis and executive producer/writer Jared Stern, set to premiere exclusively on HBO Max.
Things get a little cartoony for everyman Mac when he starts seeing iconic cartoon characters, ranging from the Looney Tunes to Droopy Dog, but they’re not just there for laughs, they’re helping him get through a very rough patch in his life.
- TBA as Mac
- Christopher Lloyd as The Therapist
- Charley Adler as The Red Guy
- Jeff Bergman as Bugs Bunny, Sylvester the Cat, Droopy Dog
- Dee Bradley Baker as Daffy Duck and Deputy Dawg
- TBA as K-9
- Bob Bergen as Porky Pig, Tweety Bird
- Jim Cummings as Taz/The Tasmanian Devil
- TBA as Road Runner
- TBA as Wily E. Coyote
- Bill Farmer as Foghorn Leghorn
- Maurice LaMarche as Yosemite Sam and Quick Draw McGraw
- Billy West as Elmer Fudd, Huckleberry Hound, Popeye the Sailor Man, Muttley, and Mr. Jinks
- Rob Paulsen as Super Snooper, Baby Looey
- Eric Bauza as Marvin the Martian, Pepe Le Pew, Atom Ant, and Speedy Gonzales
- Frank Welker as Scooby-Doo, Jabberjaw, and Barney Rubble
- TBA as Tom Cat
- TBA as Jerry Mouse
- Tom Kenny as Top Cat, Snagglepuss and Boo-Boo Bear
- Grey Griffin as Betty Boop and Daphne Blake
- Scott McCord as Tubby Tompkins
- Lara Jill Miller as Blabber Mouse
On October 29, 2019, the official HBO Max Twitter, among other several subsequent news outlets reporting on the information-abroad project, announced the series alongside an extensive line-up of fellow kids-and-family programming from Warner Bros. Animation and Cartoon Network Studio productions, such as Looney Tunes Cartoons, Jellystone!, The Fungies! and Tig N 'Seek, respectively, heading towards HBO Max in the nearby future.
Attached to several reports, it was announced that American film director Robert Zemeckis ("Forrest Gump, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?", "Cast Away", "Back to the Future") and executive producer/writer Jared Stern ("The LEGO™ Batman Movie", Netflix/Warner Bros. Animation's "Green Eggs and Ham"), were helming the half-hour series.
Tooned Out comes from Stern's A Stern Talking To Productions and Compari Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Television. A Stern Talking To’s Stern and Compari’s Zemeckis, Jack Rapke ("Cast Away", "What Lies Beneath", "Manifest") and Jackie Levine ("Manifest", "Project Blue Book", "What/If") are executive producers. Winsor Yuan is overseeing the project for A Stern Talking To.
- The series is HBO Max's second Looney Tunes-themed televsion project, after Looney Tunes Cartoons.
- This will be actor Christopher Lloyd's very first live action and animation project since Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988),
- Coincedentally, the series is director Robert Zemeckis' second major live action and animated project.
|Max Originals||Looney Tunes Cartoons | Tooned Out|
|Existing LT content available|| |
|Films||Looney Tunes: Back in Action | Space Jam | Tweety's High Flying Adventure|